Household Goods Insurance....

Suppose you came home from work to find your apartment had been broken into and your TV stolen. Or suppose there was a fire in your kitchen. You can't assume your landlord will pay for the damage. With property insurance, you'll be able to replace what's damaged or stolen. Household goods insurance covers your possessions against losses from:

- fire or smoke

- lightning

- vandalism after break-in

- theft after break-in

- explosion

- storm & hail

- water damages from plumbing, waterbeds, and aquariums

- lightning damages to TVs, decoders and all electrical appliances

- glass windows, doors, ceramic cooking fields

However, household goods insurance does not cover floods, earthquakes or routine wear and tear. You can, however, ad coverage for flood and earthquake damage.


If you're forced out of your home because of an insured risk occured your additional living expenses can be covered. Household goods insurance pays a certain amount towards the additional costs of temporarily living away from your home if you can't live in it due to a fire, severe storm or other insured disasters.

As the basis for reimbursement make an inventory list that will make filing a claim easier. For an inventory record model numbers, dates and places of purchase. Take photographs or make a video of these items and place a copy of the inventory in a safe place away from your home. Check with an insurance company or agent about the following:

Cash Value or Replacement Cost: There are two types of policies,

Cash value coverage takes into account the age and condition of items at the time of damage or loss. You would be reimbursed for the value of the item minus depreciation,

Replacement value pays the cost of buying an item of similar kind or quality today. The price of replacement cost coverage is about 10 percent more but is well worth the extra cost.


A deductible is your out of- pocket cost before the insurance pays.

The higher the deductible, the less you will pay in premiums. However, make sure you have enough money to cover the deductible if you have a loss.

Don't forget to modify your policy in the event of a major change in your life, If you are getting married or divorced, or if you move to a different home inform us immediately.

We offer replacement value insurance without a